Part time Associate Dentist (GDC no 279092)
I am at UK citizen originally born in Shiraz, Iran where the rest of my family come from. I moved to the UK when I was little, and I commenced my dental career following my completion of a BSc. in human sciences (1st class) at the university of west London and a foundation year for life sciences and subjects allied to medicine (merit), Birkbeck college, university of London. During this time, I developed an interest in dentistry and this was fortified following experience in a London general dental practice and an internship in Debrecen Dental Hospital.
I successfully embarked on a five-year English dentistry programme at the university of Debrecen, Hungary. 2017. This is a recognised qualification by the UK’s General Dental Council, and I was made a member in 2018. In order to be able to provide NHS dental services, I enrolled on the foundation dental programme and I completed my foundation training course at Ilfracombe Dental Practice, Whitley Bay where I also completed my first part of my Membership of the faculty of Dental Surgery Edinburgh(MFDS).
I have since gone on to complete courses in Invislign, Smilefast and advanced composite restorations. I have a passion for aesthetic and advanced restorative dentistry that requires multiple disciplines. In the future, I see myself with a masters in either restorative or periodontal subjects looking to support implant training.
- BSc 1st Class in Human Sciences, London
- Dr Med Dent Debrecen 2018
BEHIND THE SMILE
We asked Mehdi some questions to find out more about the man behind the smile. Away from his professional life, what are the things he holds dear?
If you were able to invite three people (fictional or non fictional), (present or past) to your dinner table who would they be and why?
1) Daniel Radcliffe. I would love to know how hard it was to act in a hugely successful movie series such as Harry Potter where so much CGI was used.
2) Dwayne Johnson. Immensely successful as an actor but whose initial career took an early end. I admire the determination and drive that took him on a different path that led him to his success. I would need stronger dinner chairs though.
3) Tom Cruise. Another actor from modest beginnings whose determination to be the best he can is inspiring. I would love to know how he feels doing his own stunts and why he decided to do so.
If you weren’t a dentist, what would you want to do as a career?
In a different life, I would have loved to have worked on the lifeboats.
If you were to share one piece of dental advice, what would it be?
It is so important to regularly clean all surfaces of your teeth and gums daily with a fluoridated toothpaste and quality toothbrush and interdental aids, especially the areas that you can’t see.
What is your favourite charity?